Incident Manager - 1318876
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestTechnical Support
What You'll Do
Advanced Services at Cisco is a team of world-class experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) group seeks a Customer Support Engineer with expertise in Cisco Routing and Switching Technologies. As an Incident Manager in our world-class team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers' toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience.
Who You'll Work With
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. "Work hard, play harder" is the motto of the team.
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Our team has global presence located in 2 US centers, 3 centers in EMEA and 2 India centers
Who you are
- Act as a focal point for high impact, large account problem resolution
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors
- Manage issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicate issues to engineers within the support team, and resolutions/work-around to the customer
- Receive minimal supervision, no instruction on routine work, and general instruction on new assignments
- Perform ad hoc analyses and tasks as assigned
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced engineers
- May require some travel to customer locations in this role
- Must understand and have worked in an operational environment such as a NOC or IT for 5-10 years
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the area of Network Operations
- Proven planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience with developing and presenting customer consumable reports on Operational performance and efficiency
- Demonstrated drive for continuous learning, results-orientation, and teamwork
- Firm Understanding of ITIL Process guidelines, with specific focus on Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Ability to drive change through innovation & process improvement
- Ability to manage projects and drive action items with customers and cross-functional peers
- Proven crisis management skills
- Build internal and external client relations
- Professional & concise communication (written & verbal)
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
- Certifications: ITIL, Cisco CCNA/CCNPA or better
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.