Incident Engineer Tier 2 - Contact Center
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do:
All Cloud Managed Services (CMS) team members are expected to add value in the following areas:
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
- Identify and adhere to cost reduction measures
- Accountable for following established team processes
- Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular synch ups
- Actively share / develop innovation and automations for continued improvement
Specific to the role of Cisco Collaboration Escalation Engineer Tier III, responsibilities may include:
- Manage issues by setting expectations and meeting or exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Take ownership of complex incidents
- Accept technical escalations from lower support tiers
- Provide remote troubleshooting support and perform analysis in large complex networks with mixed media and protocols
- Utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems and validate planned changes to software and hardware design
- Support and collaborate with CMS and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues
- Engage TAC / BU as required to resolve complex technical issues
- Mentor colleagues and/or customers via presentations or documentation
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Collaboration technology
- Create Methods of Procedure (MOP) and action plans for post-sales projects
- Perform ad hoc analyses and tasks as assigned
- Submit complete and correct product defect reports in area of expertise
- Provide systems/product training both internally and externally while contributing to Cisco intellectual property efforts
- Act as a focal point for high impact, large account incident resolution
- Assist as needed with Change and Problem which could involve the planning, approving and implementation of changes
- Assist as needed with Problem Management which may include analyzing data for root cause analysis
- Participate in on-call rotation as required
- Assist with design recommendations for the customer and engineering team as needed
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Manage Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid / Collaboration solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who requires no oversight to achieve your goals and meet your objectives. You work well with others and are truly a team player. Technical knowledge and customer satisfaction are in your DNA. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure. You are a collaboration technical expert and understand the complexities of troubleshooting. You are leader that is able to drive customer escalations and maintains proper satisfaction levels as well as help and guide other colleges to accelerate in their jobs.
· In Depth-Knowledge of Cisco IP telephony Network Infrastructure.
· In Depth-Knowledge of voice protocols SIP, MGCP, H.323, SCCP, ISDN
· Good understanding of various logs and traces from Collaboration products CUCM, CUC, CUCM IM&P, gateways.
· Expert level of understanding of the following Cisco Unified Communication Products:
o CUCM IM&P
o Expressways E/C, VCS
o Cisco Voice Gateways (ISR, ASR, Analog, VG, CUBEs, SBC)
· In Depth-Knowledge of the following Cisco Unified Communication features / components:
o Database replication
o High Availability and redundancy
o EM / EMCC
o ILS, Clustering
o Media (MTP, XCODE, CFB, etc)
· In Depth-Knowledge of collaboration endpoints: IP Phones, CIPC, Jabber
· Ability to troubleshoot complex collaboration solutions covering multiple products and features under time pressure and drive incidents towards resolution
- Able to identify problems, acquire ownership and deliver solutions at a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Proven crisis management and leadership skills
· Proven planning, prioritization, and organization skills
· ITIL Foundation level knowledge
· At least 5 years of experience working with Collaboration Solutions
· Preference for Cisco Certification: CCNP Collaboration, CCIE Collaboration.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers