Inbound Product Manager – Cloud Remote Access
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Additional Location(s)Vancourver, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture. Working at Cisco on the Umbrella team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research, and unrivaled products and services.
What we do
We are building on our cloud infrastructure to provide remote access to applications wherever users and applications reside. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new product line and leave your unique stamp on the product. OpenDNS was acquired by Cisco in August 2015. Our product is now known as Cisco Umbrella. Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. We are always building new capabilities into the platform and growing our loyal customer base.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Inbound Product Manager for a new product for Cloud Remote Access to applications. In this role, you’ll own the roadmap and product experience, and work closely with engineering to make tradeoffs and drive the product to market
You’ll have the opportunity to directly drive the evolution of the security and networking industries, fundamentally changing how remote workers and IT administrators do their jobs and consume security technologies.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Own the product roadmap and end-to-end product experience, working with UX to continually improve the product
- Make tradeoffs that balance customer/market needs to execution and time to market
- Attend daily standups, and be a core member of the Agile delivery team
- Closely follow market trends and create / prioritize new features / solutions
- Work cross-functionally across Cisco, including other Product Management organizations, engineering, marketing, and sales
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a passion for great products with great experience, and always seek improvement
- Establish a strong vision for the product, and generate a shared view across engineering teams
- Be experienced Strong background in SaaS applications
- Have technical expertise with SaaS delivery models, with an understanding of cloud service performance and health metrics.
- Understand the operational aspects of delivering large scale service experiences
- Be passionate for modern UX methodologies and web design practices
- Have a hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
- Take strong initiative with the ability to work independently with limited direction
- Have the technical depth to confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
- Be a great written and verbal communicator
Educational / Professional Background
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or another engineering/technical degree
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience in an agile environment
- Domain expertise in cloud-delivered security services
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us ability to learn cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.