Import/ Export Specialist
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki is searching for an Import/Export Specialist to join our Operations team in Sydney, Australia.
You are motivated to work cross-functionally with various teams and partners, and you thrive on providing superb customer service. You are open to change, excited to tackle meaningful situations, and are eager to get things done (and done well). You are passionate about learning the behind-the-scene operations of a company - how things work, why they are the way they are and what we can do to make things better. Most importantly, you have a contagiously optimistic attitude.
- Understand and communicate international shipping complexities on a per country basis in APJC, as well as support AMER and EMEA regions
- Troubleshoot export compliance holds, customer routing, and international shipping exceptions
- Align couriers and forwarders with Meraki’s international shipping procedures for compliance
- Provide international shipping mentorship to customers, internal teams and sales representatives
- Assist in compiling and maintaining country profiles to ship product globally
- Audit 3PL international shipments for export accuracy (label creation, commercial documents, AES filings, Pre-shipment Inspections, export declarations)
- Support import clearance issues and import broker audits
- Maintain SOWs/SOPs/POAs with import or export brokers globally
- Knowledge of networking hardware and dual use strategic goods is a huge plus
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience handling high-volume exports and import/export compliance
- BA/BS required with a degree in International Relations, International Business, Operations Management, or International Studies preferred
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, and communications skills combined with an attitude aimed at solving meaningful problems
- Advanced Excel skills required and preferred experience using a CRM and ERP system
- Multilingual preferred
Wonder what it’s like work for Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and many other generous benefits! We have created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page: https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs
We look forward to talking with you soon!
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can embrace new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.