Implementation Engineer | ThousandEyes
Location:Offsite, Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
About ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
When large enterprise customers acquire new software, the best way to ramp to productivity often involves a personal touch from resources who know the platform inside and out. This role’s main responsibility is to engage with customers to deliver outstanding enablement, implementation and optimization services for their ThousandEyes deployment.
You'll need to be a ThousandEyes product expert, with monitoring system expertise, and a solid foundation in core network architecture. You'll plan for and deliver on a wide range of engagement types, including project planning, implementation, and documentation of monitoring services, end-user training, and optimization. You'll need to be a generalist who's polished and easy to put in front of a wide variety of customer roles.
- A standout "customer first" attitude
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a technical field, or equivalent working experience
- At least 7-10 years working in a customer-facing role
- Project management and consulting experience
- Firm grasp of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/JNCP, etc. )
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is a plus
- Experience maintaining or implementing LAN/WAN environments
- Familiarity with web technologies (deployment, maintenance, debugging) including REST APIs
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Deep technical acumen
- Enjoy a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Able to prioritize and accomplish tasks in tight timeframes
- Guide customers on deploying and implementing the ThousandEyes product
- Implement ThousandEyes in customer environments in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Engage with customers to deliver product implementation and integration services
- Lead many projects concurrently understanding current and future action items
- Delivery of training and industry best practice discussions
- Build value-based relationships with customers, leading to referral and renewal
- Leverage enterprise data analytics to track and report on customer engagement
- Contribute to best practice creation and maintenance
- Track and report on utilization and work performed
- Special projects as assigned
- Identification of potential product/services upsell or cross-sell opportunities
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.