Identity & Access Management Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
You're a high-energy and motivated individual passionate about Identity and Security Technologies and we want you to join our Identity & Access Management (IAM) team. Identity is at the heart of a companywide transformation that is key to Cisco’s future success. One of IT’s top initiatives right now is enabling Identity Border, making this a deeply exciting time to join Cisco’s IAM team.
We are evolving our service to account for both human and non-human identities in a hybrid cloud environment. We are moving to an Agile, DevOps model by growing our automation, analytics, and self-healing capabilities. The IAM space is fast-growing to leverage machine learning, block-chain, and intent-based algorithms to better protect the new enterprise perimeter – the Identity border. We are looking for an infusion of talent that can help accelerate these transitions.
While understanding and operating our complex enterprise environment, we'll look to you to recommend and implement automation of our services shifting to a self-service model, as well as explore and implement new IAM technologies. We look forward to your creativity in moving our Identity and Access management platforms into the digitized era with security in mind.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our innovative Identity and Access Management team as well as cross-functionally across IT and Product teams to explore what technologies have to offer today and expand beyond looking into using automation, analytics, and machine learning.
Who You Are
You have a passion to learn technologies, possess good critical thinking and analytical skills, and have the ability to stay focused in a fast-paced environment. You're cooperative, enjoy building relationships and can communicate clearly and effectively with the distributed team. At a minimum, we require:
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics.
- 7+ years in IT industry successfully delivering in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Web Application Security platforms, Single Sign on, Authentication, Authorization, Federation Technologies, SAML, OAuth, OpenID, Pen Testing
- Ability to work with the Web Application Security program team on various time-sensitive client facing projects
- Review and implement client requirements for Cloud Service Provider work using various federation standards
- Familiar with core network and virtualization concepts
- Python and software development experience
- Desire and ability to learn and use new technologies.
Additional qualifications may include:
- Agile Software Development.
- Ping Identity Product Suite
- Network Security
- Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Blockchain technology
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning experience
- Experience with monitoring or logging analysis tools (System Center Operations Manager, Splunk).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.