IT intern (part-time) - Bachelor's or Master's - Switzerland
Location:Wallisellen, Zurich, Switzerland
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Start date: June/July
Schedule: Part-time (15-20h/week)
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy. You’ll be part of an extended team that cares about its customers, enjoys the challenge and having a lot of fun in building next generation architectures.
Your Extended Team
At Cisco Switzerland, we are setup in Center of Excellence Teams (CoEs) that cover Cisco’s main technologies such as:
- Applications and Platforms / Collaboration Solutions
- Enterprise Networks / Core Solutions
- Fast IT / Datacenter / Storage
What You'll Do
You will support each CoEs and the Swiss Sales Organization with different tasks and get firsthand experience in many technology areas
Build and configure top notch lab equipment from data center and Multi-Cloud architectures, to Cisco Network DNA and Collaboration Solutions in our lab and demo environment
- Write Scripts (pref. in Python) to integrate and automate tasks
- Run small projects (guided and mentored by the CoE Engineering Team)
- Manage, maintain, prep and troubleshoot the lab and demo environment
- Integrate Cisco and 3rd Party technologies to address customer requirements
- Supporting Proof of Concepts and Customer/Partner demos
- Prepare and hold Customer/Partner workshops and run small learning classes with customer and partners
- Support internal and external customer/partner events
What you need to be eligible
Currently in your penultimate or last year pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or other equivalent (an emphasis on software design practices preferred)?
- Passion for technology, creative thinker and problem solver
- Be agile, flexible and have “can do” attitude
- Strong skills in communication, influencing, organizing, and highly self-motivated
- Demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and teamwork. You have the ability to work in collaborative environment – all with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and German
- EU citizenship
- Driver License preferred.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.