IT User Experience Researcher & Analyst
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes.
Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today!
What You'll Do
You will work with a multi-functional team of Information Technology practitioners including architects, engineers, and management. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative group of User Experience professionals with varying areas of expertise including Visual Design, Interaction Design, Researchers and Usability Experts. You will provide your point of view on how to optimize the User Experience across various tools deployed by the Information Technology organization that are utilized daily by all employees.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the User Experience team, you will advocate on behalf of the end user. You will meet with key stakeholders – employees, contractors, and partners. You’ll establish relationships with key constituent communities like Sales, Executive Administrators, and others. You’ll also partner with the technical lead engineers, architects, and security primes to discuss the trade-offs between UX, technical architecture and security.
Who You Are
You're a self-starter who enjoys meeting new people, building relationships and understanding their challenges. You're experienced in conducting research on products and how users prefer to work. Additional minimum qualifications include:
- BS with 2-3 years experience in User Experience. User-Centered Design preferred.
- Maintains a deep understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and has experience in User Experience research & usability studies
- Experience conducting usability tests with end users to understand how well end users can learn and use a product
- Able to observe users behaviors, needs and motivations, then summarize overall sentiment for the technical development team
- Conducts company analysis with key user groups to understand expectations and drivers
- Compares user feedback to industry trends to ensure a proper balance of workload
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco IT Services that improves employee productivity.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.