IT Project Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
As an IT Project Manager, you will work with cross functional teams across Cisco to develop Software roadmaps, process re-engineering, develop project plans and manage budget, execution & delivery of strategic initiatives. You will be responsible to track the budget closely & ensure that the projects are executed within the allowed budget. You will lead a highly motivated team in driving Cisco’s digital transformation and deliver new capabilities using best in class next-gen technologies.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work with Cisco IT team, GPS, Finance, Enterprise Architecture, Security & Risk, M&A, and other cross-functional teams to deliver ITAM services and digital solutions.
Who You Are
Roll-up sleeve type individual that has experience extracting and analyzing financial data from various systems (Oracle, Hyperion, etc.). Develop, in co-ordination with the Cisco finance, I.T. Operations and Procurement teams, budgets, planning and spend visibility into “run the business” and “change the business” type categories for I.T.
Work with fellow Commercial Excellence team members to understand software and labor spend and associated cost drivers and levers.
Must have experience with finance basics such as monthly, quarterly and year end close processes, annual planning, accruals, etc. and ideally help influence budget owners, finance, etc. based on this knowledge.
- Business partnering skills, with ability to effectively challenge and influence IT professionals at all levels.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Prior experience with software and labor practices (preferred)
- Experience in data analysis and financial modelling. Prior experience working with and supporting IT organizations preferred. Deal modeling (preferred)
- Knowledge of fixed assets/amortization, financial close processes, accruals, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Office (essential)
- Python, Tableau and other reporting skills (preferred)
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills (essential)
- 5-7 years relevant job experience gained in a large multi-national company with exposure to various financial and/or commercial disciplines; supporting multiple countries
- Finance or Accounting degree or recognized professional accounting qualification achieved or in progress or degree in Accounting (preferred)
- A confirmed ability to problem solve and proactively address issues in a professional and effective manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects (or similar ERP tool)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco