IT Manager - Java, Microservices, Kafka, ELK, Angular JS
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who you'll work with
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our infrastructure clients.
• Talented group of developers, data analysts, client success managers, architects, project managers, devops engineers, and infrastructure service teams
• Collaborate with IT service owners, product owners and development teams
• Partner with cross-functional IT and non-IT Teams
What You'll Do
• As Manager IT, you will own the Delivery and Operations of world class solutions for Cisco's Customer Experience team that are built primarily on Salesforce platform covering Service cloud and Cloud Native applications.
• You will mentor and grow high performing team of 15 employees.
• You will be developing and driving implementation of solutions / approaches for challenging business problems associated with Customer entitlements.
• You will be an Agile team member and thoroughly understand your space but you will also look at the solution from an End to End perspective and contribute towards shaping the approach and solution.
• You will be putting Client Experience first in all your solution and process designs
• You will learn from production insights and propose improved future solutions
• You will analyze trade-offs between options and make recommendations on solutions / approaches.
• You will bring Industry and outside in perspectives on how we can shape the delivery of our services and as such, the client experience
Who You Are
• You will be a People Manager for a high-performance team and a Go To Person within the teams for Technical Thought leadership for Transformational project’s. As a result, you have a winning record of improving the systems and processes with out of the box thinking and innovative solutions to deliver unprecedented operational efficiencies and productivity savings.
• Perform in depth business analysis mainly in the areas of Client Experience and Service Success
• Demonstrate both functional and technical knowledge and thought leadership in how we can innovate, bringing to bear a wide knowledge of business processes and tools.
• Highly collaborative with an appreciation for the benefit of a team approach
• Proficient in business process, operations, and metric definition standard methodologies
• Proficient in risk and issue management and resolution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional organization and planning abilities
In addition, you have a successful track record of building long term, trusting relationships with peers and leaders and the ability to effectively influence with your superb interpersonal skills; written, verbal and social which gives you an edge to create an impact. All of this, combined with your innate ability to lead innovation and promote a culture of support makes you an excellent fit for our team.
Our Minimum Qualifications for this Role are:
Key Skills Required:
• 12+ years of experience in delivering Java based web applications with bachelor’s in engineering or computer science and:
• 4+ years of People / Talent Management experience covering hiring, mentoring, growing and Performance Management of your team of high performing individuals.
· Excellent design, development skills along with problem-solving & analytical skills
· Strong knowledge in ELK stack
· Strong in tuning Data ingestion/Indexing Performance.
· Core JAVA - API ,webservices writing skills is must
· Good knowledge on Unix Shell scripting, Automation
· Performance monitoring of APIs using different tools like marvel,Kibana,Appdynamics.
· Demonstrated usage of CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, Git, SonarQube
Exposure with Angular JS, HTML5,CSS (Front End)
• Experience in building Highly available and scalable data services and data intensive applications using Oracle, Mongo DB, Kafka, Elastic, LogStash and Node JS is preferred.
• Well versed in software development lifecycles, agile & lean delivery methods, and DevSecOps
• Successful track record of leading cross functional projects including the ability to think end to end and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to achieve business objectives
• Self-driven, results oriented and passionate in delivering business value
• Collaborative and open style with a constructive and positive attitude
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.