IT Events Collaboration Solutions Architect
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Our IT Events and Video Streaming Services team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Collaboration Engineer/Architect to provide production video services architecture, implementation, and support for Cisco IT Events video conferencing services. These services are delivered utilizing a wide array of cloud and on premise technologies including Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Jabber Soft Phone, Cisco Telepresence and WebEx video Endpoints, and Cisco Meeting Server.
· Perform architecture design, implementation, and support for IT Events video services such as Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Expressway, softphone clients (e.g. Jabber) on PC/Mac/iOS/Android platforms, Cisco WebEx Suite of products and WebEx endpoints, and other IP-telephony and video products as required.
· Serves as technical resource for the troubleshooting and resolution of complex telecom and communication problems. - Develop and/or integrate software tools in support of video endpoints and systems.
· Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures for Change, Release and Problem Management.
· Understand and follow appropriate security policies and procedures.
· Intermediate understanding of Cisco's cloud native and on premise collaboration architectures
· Foundational understanding of Public Cloud services like GCP, AWS, Azure etc
· Plans projects; establishes timelines and completes cost analysis; including vendor comparisons.
· Broad knowledge of video conference solutions; telecom systems; dial plans; switching architecture; unified communication systems; structured cabling.
· Broad technical experience implementing enterprise services and providing technical support in an enterprise unified communications environment.
· Experience providing operational and technical support and testing expertise of video conferencing technologies including current & relevant Cisco Systems Unified Communication and WebEx suite of products and related systems.
· Experience troubleshooting highly technical issues in telecommunications and networking services.
· Proficient interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to effectively communicate technical information, document work and prepare/present technical information to others.
· Ability to work independently with a high degree of maturity, discretion, and judgment.
· Highly-advanced knowledge of and significant technical experience with virtual environments, and/or related hardware.
· Programming experience with Python/Ansible or other tools for automation
· Experience with VMWare Virtual environments (NSX-T) and/or containerized environments (Docker or Kubernetes).
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP Collaboration or equivalent experience
• Bachelor's degree in a computer or engineering related fields or equivalent combination of technical training and experience