IT Engineering Manager
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Meraki means to do something with “Soul, Creativity, and Love”. We are looking for a confident, passionate and skilled IT Engineering Manager looking to bring those values to our IT Engineering program. At Meraki, we believe that IT is at the core of an organization's success. Our IT team looks after the tools, systems, and infrastructure that enable Merakians to bring our products and services to IT leaders around the world. We also work across the business to architect and maintain our corporate network which is used in live demos to our customers.
In this role, you will act as a key member of our Digital Workplace (IT + Facilities) leadership team, overseeing IT Engineering team and guiding their work. This team serves a critical function in Meraki, being the first to deploy pre-release hardware and provide feedback to our engineering teams, maintaining core business infrastructure, SaaS and identity management, and working with our other IT teams to manage and execute both long and near term projects.
You have good technical and leadership experience, guiding Engineering teams and their work in a complex, cross functional, fast-paced environment. You will act as both a mentor and technical resource when needed. You are a strong people manager, with the ability to define, communicate and execute long-term plans while balancing the tactical needs that arise from leading a globally distributed team. If you thrive leading technical teams and guiding their efforts, believe the best opinions are both strong and weakly held, and have a passion for what technology brings to folks lives - we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead & guide a high performing Engineering team distributed across different countries and timezones
- Influence future strategic service direction contributing to yearly plans, roadmap, and budget.
- Design and maintain our international VOIP deployment, used by our support and sales teams.
- Move our team from “reactive” to “proactive” through strategic resourcing decisions and project management methodologies.
- Build documentation, support plans, disaster recovery, and escalation paths for our Support Engineering team.
- Partner with our Product and Support teams as “customer zero” to improve and test the Meraki product line
- Deploy pre-release hardware and software in our offices, providing feedback to product teams while maintaining functionality standards.
- Design, deploy and manage the Meraki network spanning multiple international locations of varying complexity.
- Partner with our product teams and demo to global customers showcasing our latest features.
- Drive a pervasive security mindset across IT infrastructure and work with our Security team within all service and technology solutions.
- Prioritize, allocate, and resource projects and a high volume workload throughout the year during our IT planning process.
- Documentation - Maintain quality documentation on our infrastructure systems and services.
- Automation - Reduce operational overhead and inconsistent outcomes through automation of common tasks.
- Own root cause analysis, driving a culture of post-mortem reviews, and solution driven resolutions to challenges as they arise.
- Manage projects to completion, working with team members, cross-functional stakeholders and our counterparts at Cisco.
- Partner with IT & Meraki leadership team to understand needs and challenges, develop technical roadmaps and enhancements to current and future service offerings.
- Be a mentor, coach & leader to engineers in the team through continual feedback and teaching best practices so they grow into the next generation of technical specialists and reach their career goals.
- Develop an Engineering support framework, maintain on-call schedules and develop an “around the sun” model for the team.
- Participate in Customer EBC’s, sharing how we use the Meraki product, at Meraki.
- 5 - 10 years leading technology teams responsible for developing global solutions across networking, telephony, and experience at all levels of IT.
- Solid background in network architecture with previous experience as a mentor and technical engineering manager.
- Experience deploying a project management methodology (Aigle, etc) in a fast past environment.
- Experience with Windows AD
- Experience using Project Management tools (Jira, Asana, etc)
- Demonstrated delivery of global enterprise network infrastructure, Meraki WAN/LAN/Wifi products, voice SIP solutions, VPN solutions, and infrastructure monitoring services.
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, global collaboration, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Experience in leading SaaS tools and automation.
- VoIP experience preferred
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. "Everybody In" means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.