Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What you'll do
In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a transparent contributor, delivering on our commitments to clients. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with providing domain expertise and rapidly responding to intensified issues.
- Establishes networking environment by crafting network configuration; directing and executing DC network infrastructure; defining, detailing, and enforcing standards.
- Improves network performance by monitoring; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with DC partners and BU on network optimization.
- Secures network infra by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Be able to look at complicated network systems to find flaws or room for improvement. Proactively see opportunities for technology advancement
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of network technologies/solutions in support of defined requirements generated by internal customers and growth demands. Plans and executes highly complex network upgrades and migration activities.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Generates operational documentation including detailed test plans for highly complex networks.
- Assists with deployment and strategy of tools and related Network Management Systems. Helps with developing tools set to manage and maintain enterprise network
- Produce a method of procedures that demonstrate an understanding of changes proposed and how the change will be executed with minimal service impact.
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join the NWS Data Center Network team which strives to build efficient DC network to support Cisco Engineering and Business functions. We do this through a focus on Operational stability in our data center network infrastructure while investing in new groundbreaking technologies to enable us to deliver our services to meet our client requirements.
Who you are
- Typically requires BS, CS, or equivalent plus 5+ year’s progressive experience in network infrastructure support.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP internetworking, Routing, Switching, networking protocols, and Routing protocols
- Expertise in Data Center networking technologies
- Expertise on the latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (Catalyst, Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR, NX-OS, and ACI)
- Expertise in network security including Security Risk Management, Security (Encryption), Identity and Access Management
- High Availability protocols and Load Balancing technologies SLB/GSLB, firewalls, SSL
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, N1kv) and understanding of computing (Linux, VMware, Openstack)
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- Large-scale network infrastructure support skills. In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
- Anyone or more of the following scripting skills Python, Perl, XML, JSON
- Understanding of Agile & CICD is a plus
- Basic level knowledge of Linux
- Must have superb verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must be creative and have initiative.
- Cisco certification desired
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.