Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
As a Meraki IT Systems Engineer, you are responsible for building and supporting the IT systems that power Meraki’s internal services. A tinkerer by nature you are equally comfortable jumping from a network troubleshooting session to writing code to automate the rollout of new systems. You will work with other members of the team to improve the overall resiliency and security of our core services.
The Meraki IT Engineering team is responsible for the architecture, upkeep and overall health of Meraki’s internal facing systems from the network up to the platform. We care deeply for the people we work with and build for and strive to simplify the IT experience. Meraki continues to grow at an astonishing pace and you will help ensure that our systems scale appropriately.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY YOU COULD BE WORKING ON:
- Connecting with stakeholders to align your work with broader goals
- Automating common tasks to help improve our team’s effectiveness.
- Looking at Zendesk to catch emerging trends and scope new projects.
- Assisting our Service Desk team with tricky cases.
- Configuring + maintaining SaaS app integrations using Okta.
- Troubleshooting performance issues between applications.
- Administration + troubleshooting of our VOIP systems.
- Starting, leading and participating in cross-functional projects.
- Working with our Security team to uplift our infrastructure security posture.
- Adding to and improving our documentation.
- Maintaining our Network and resolving alerts.
- Testing and collecting feedback on pre-release Meraki hardware.
- Work with our Facilities team to deploy + maintain AV equipment.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Are passionate about solving for the root cause of issues, and balancing business needs with employee satisfaction.
- Have a deep understanding of how networks operate and have experience with Meraki dashboard.
- Have run several IT projects in a pm or lead architect role.
- Are passionate about the intersection of technology and employee experience.
- Love working in a collaborative, fast-paced globally distributed team environment.
- 3 - 5 years in a senior Help Desk / Service Desk role.
- Experience with Okta Administration.
- Experience with using APIs to connect applications.
- Experience scripting (Python, Bash, etc) to automate common tasks.
- Experience as a domain administrator in GSuite and/or Office 365.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for working with others.
- Experience with VOIP administration.
- A deep understanding of Service Desk workflow/processes.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. "Everybody In" means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.