IT Engineer Intern - Bachelor or Master - UK
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, UK
Start Date: August 2019
At Cisco, our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn. If you want to work with leading technology, and have the desire to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced global environment then a Cisco graduate role is a great way to begin your career. Working at Cisco is rewarding and fun and we always encourage the contribution of individuals to our company success. Our interns will work alongside experienced professionals, from day one. If you are looking for a career that will impact the direction of one of the leading technology companies in the world, then Cisco is the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, ideally with solid academic foundations in engineering disciplines. Cisco is a strong advocate of using its own networking, data center and collaboration products and solutions internally; Cisco IT deploys these technologies - the result being that Cisco IT accrues a great deal of experience in how to design, deploy and operate these solutions within a large global enterprise. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated individual to join us at an exciting, transformational, period for Enterprise IT in a role that provides opportunities to work with the latest technology and the brightest minds in one of the world’s leading IT companies. During your Internship as a Collaboration Engineer, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of different projects.
Day to day that means:
- Capturing and analysis of the client’s requirements.
- Engaging & collaborating with internal & business teams, in the midst of transitioning into an Agile/DevOps way of working.
- Analysis of IT case data, user feedback, mailers & discussion forums to identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Enrolled in the course of studies towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Computer Science, IT, Math, Physics, Engineering or similar disciplines preferred)
- Strong analytical mind-set, with a burning need to help automate.
- Passionate about technology in general and with particular interest in Collaboration technologies & Operating Systems, Windows-based OS, MAC OS and Android/iOS.
- Relevant experience is welcome, but not required.
- Knowledge of/experience with some of the following is a big plus: Cisco’s Collaboration products and services (CUCM, Spark) as well as any programming languages.
- Legally eligible to live and work in the UK (student visa does not apply)