IT Engineer (Full Time) United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
IT has never been more important to Cisco and our communities. We provide the technological infrastructure and capabilities that support our employees, customers, and partners to accelerate Cisco’s digital business. As a technical engineer, you will play a key role in crafting, implementing, automating, and supporting solutions that are essential to Cisco’s strategy and operations.
Who You’ll Work With
We are engineers, developers, network administrators, analysts, project managers, and technology professionals. We are also community leaders, activists, parents, daughters/sons, and we stay united as one IT Family to “power an inclusive future for all.”
You would play a crucial role in redefining IT, Customer and Partner Relationships, and the Employee Experience through strategic and architecture-led projects, transparency and data-driven decision making, and finding ways to become more efficient.
What You’ll Do
From our Technical Systems Engineers who build, configure, and upgrade our systems, to our Site Reliability Engineers who bring a software engineering mentality to our systems administration, our IT technical engineers are making Cisco’s IT transformation happen, all with their swagger for collaboration and innovation.
- Specify, build, maintain, and support technical infrastructure to achieve desired performance and site reliability.
- Analyze, install, modify, configure, and support operating systems, IT environments, platforms, database or utilities software.
- Operate in and/or maintain engineering environment to support automated testing of code that is actively being used by customers.
- Perform root cause analysis for bugs or service interruptions and bring system or services back online once a problem is resolved.
- Work multi-functionally to be proactively aware of potential changes needed with applications or systems.
Who You Are
- Including but not limited to a graduate/upcoming graduate of a technical degree or certification program from a Technical Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University.
- Passionate about cloud technology, automation techniques, systems integration, data, and security.
- Ability to simply and effectively communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders.
- Possess strong problem-solving instincts and attention to detail.
- Self-Motivated learner who can ramp up on new technology in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.