IT Engineer – Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestWireless, Mobility
We are looking for a creative IT Engineer to join our team to help transform the mobile service for Cisco’s employees globally. You will work at the centre of the Mobile Experience, enabling our employees to seamlessly transition across devices, enabling their productivity anywhere and everywhere! We continue to innovate to push new boundaries, create new experiences, all whilst satisfying 70,000 employees. You will work cross functionally across a team responsible for all employee devices and social collaboration solutions to achieve this.
We are looking for someone with a passion for mobile technology, with the enthusiasm to encourage change in how our employees can most productively work.
What You’ll Do:
Work within an agile scrum team developing solutions iOS and Android devices, secured with Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Assist with the following:
- Integration with cloud services including O365
- Enabling remote access (VPN) on mobile devices
- Enterprise application delivery with our internal app store
- Lifecycle management of mobile devices
- Advise on technical feasibility of new user flows and experiences for device setup (including email and remote access), with input into UI/UX designs and Cisco’s Business Units
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline employee experience, MDM activities and operational tasks
- Support deployments of both limited proof of concept initiatives and to our enterprise fleet of mobile devices
- When solutions have been implemented, you’ll also have the opportunity to share those experiences to Cisco customers from time to time!
Who You Are:
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering or Computer Science combined with a few years of IT Engineering experience.
- A good team worker with strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, with confidence to voice new ideas.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
- Experience of automating processes, including business and technical workflows
- Have an interest in end user devices, particularly mobile devices
- Able to create comprehensive technical documentation for other engineers, developers and stakeholders
Nice to Have:
- Experience of Mobile Device Management (e.g. MAM, EMM, MDM and UEM)
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of mobile device security
- Experience in the following areas:
- Mobile security including authentication methods, certificates and encryption methods
- API design and implementation
- Scripting (e.g. Python, , Node.js)
- Awareness of implications when working with personally identifiable information, in line with GDPR, ISO27k and other local privacy regulation
Learn more about our Bedfont Lakes office: https://blogs.cisco.com/lifeatcisco/welcome-to-cisco-bedfont-lakes-the-uks-flagship-office
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco