IT Director, Communications and Change Management
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Open to other locations
Area of InterestInformation Technology
In IT, we’re on a journey to reimagine and transform the role of IT within Cisco. We see communications and change management as key components to enabling our success.
The IT Communication team is focused, agile, innovative, and fun. We use data and storytelling to inspire our teams and communicate our company vision and strategy to internal and external audiences.
What You'll Do
This highly visible role will see you responsible for the Communications and Change Management strategy for the global IT organization as well as being the Executive Communications Manager for the CIO. You will also be managing a team responsible for content, blogs, PR and overall communications needs for the Senior Leadership team in IT.
You will be responsible for developing an organization-wide reputation, communication strategy and messaging hierarchy for the IT business, content and messaging for internal and external audiences for the CIO as well as working very closely with the communications communities across other Cisco functions to ensure alignment and best practices.
Key audiences include customers, internal and external stakeholders and employees.
Your team will be responsible for preparing executive briefings for customer and partner meetings, content and messaging for internal and external events, as well as content for social media, blogs, online web presence and media assets.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the IT team, you will work closely with the CIO, the IT Chief of Staff, Communications leads and Executives across IT and Operations, as well as other partners across the company.
- Develop a communications strategy for the CIO and clearly articulate the mission, objectives, and value of the organization
- Work cross-functionally with global team leads to integrate corporate communication activities and events
- Manage a direct and virtual team of Communications professionals
- Research and develop new creative communications channels for both internal and external messaging driving innovation to the science of communications
- Research relevant statistics, data and compelling content for use in messaging development
- Lead and evaluate all incoming speaking opportunities as part of the overall Communications plan
- Demonstrated and consistent excellence in communications with the ability to adjust in the moment to exceed the expectations of the leadership team, customers, stakeholders and employees
Who You Are
- An accomplished strategic communications professional with 10+ years of experience in Communications
- Experience in successfully managing creative and impactful messaging, with the ability to make even the most complex story relatable and easy to consume
- Someone who is able to build relationships at all levels of the organization with the ability to manage and influence a direct and virtual team
- Have the ability to understand a strategy and drive the necessary communications to ensure its success
- Experienced in advising and working directly with senior executives, are a strong collaborator and have the ability to partner globally
- Someone who is curious, innovative and digital-savvy, with vast experience in message creation and storytelling
- Someone who likes a challenge and is willing to give their point of view, whilst offering ideas and solutions
- A talented and empathetic people manager and leader
- You demonstrate an ability to work across multiple communications as well as a strong urge to learn and share your knowledge of the business
- Be willing to take risks
- You love working in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and can thrive under pressure
- Someone who has a sense of humor
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.