IT Agile Product Owner / Program Manager, Service Provider
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
We need energetic and skilled people who can help lead us in our agile transformation while deploying Cisco's best-in-the-world networking! You'll be an Agile Product Owner helping deliver User Stories and Capabilities in our network products and services.
To deliver these User Stories and Capabilities you'll lead an agile scrum team, participating in the increment planning, scrums, stand-ups, demos and retrospectives. As a Product Owner you will also work with the other teams in a scrum-of-scrums as part of portfolio planning exercises.
Who You'll Work With
You will join Cisco IT's awesome networking team, a global group of service managers, product managers, scrum masters, analysts, software engineers and network engineers to deliver all of the Cisco premise-based networks. This team is responsible for all wired / wireless connectivity in Cisco buildings and sponsored partner locations and the WAN connecting the remote sites back to the main campuses. We enjoy showcasing the latest and greatest Cisco products by using them in real-world situations to provide best-in-class network capabilities to the people who work at Cisco!
Who You Are
You are a fun, passionate and vocal leader with a strong interest in how Cisco employees use the network and in particular how SDWAN functions as a part of that. You're comfortable driving optimization of large scale budgets of telecom spend and working with our service provider partners. You’re highly synergetic and have a successful track record engaging across teams with multiple business partners. Your superb interpersonal and influencing skills, coupled with your experience providing WAN services and solutions, are key to making an impact.
- Typically requires BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology/Systems or equivalent plus 6+ years applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience delivering WAN services and solutions, including leading change globally and regionally.
- Demonstrable record of success on WAN projects and efforts and a proven capability to work with large-scale enterprise procurement services, network service providers (including during contract negotiation, service enablement and operation).
- Good conceptual understanding of how WAN technologies work, and how optimizing using SDWAN technologies.
- Business case / budget analysis and feature comparison as part of RFI/RFP with WAN providers.
- 3+ years confirmed experience using agile methodologies; Agile Scrum Master and/or SAFe (Leading Safe) is preferred.
- Familiarity with circuit ordering and delivery
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #GIS #SDx