IOT Control Center Growth and Digital Sales, Sales Business Development Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Are you a multifaceted go-getter who is energized by helping others and driving tasks to close with high success? Have a passion for driving change, influencing decisions and supporting cross functional teams? Want to experience a fast-paced environment where you will be encouraged to fail fast, pivot quickly, and challenge the status quo?
Internet of Things at Cisco has experienced a period of growth as the direct result of increased market share, strategic sales initiatives and IoT portfolio awareness. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly driven Sales Business Development Manager within our Global Growth and Digital Sales team to help lead software acceleration programs across Control Center, 5G and SaaS for IoT use cases. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic and outcome focused personality with a competency to adapt, be agile and spearhead new initiatives. Aligned with Cisco’s Internet for the Future strategy, 5G is playing a key role in driving change for IoT and also expected to accelerate a new wave of IoT applications and platforms. 5G’s unique architecture and software-defined network enables carriers to dedicate bandwidth for specific use cases that share similar needs in connectivity management– this can be tailored for specific IoT use cases.
Who You'll Work With
You will be an instrumental individual contributor working closely with business development leads focused on boosting IoT sales across other digital programs and platforms such as via inbound and outbound initiatives. Cross-functional stakeholder engagement is pivotal across marketing, regional sales and customer success. In this role, you will work to unwind complex problems and have the opportunity to creatively strategize and build programs focused around IoT control center platforms. You are an individual who is comfortable in launching and leading new projects and workstreams across teams and geographies and who is able to communicate across various functions in sales/marketing/business units. Experience in software and software-as-a-service sales acceleration initiatives is key.
What You'll Do / Key Responsibilities
- · Work closely with the IoT Business Unit and technical marketing teams to create campaigns and growth initiatives which leverage 5G and edge solutions and use cases such as factory-floor automation, remote inspection, buildings/facility management and other industrial IoT use cases across key industry verticals such as oil & gas, manufacturing, utilities, transportation etc.
- · Drive and lead strategic initiatives focused around connectivity based software platform solutions which will help create net new opportunities with new customers and buying centers in our key industry verticals and ultimately leverage our inbound and outbound sales teams for capture and scale.
- · Help mold current and future SaaS packages and Control Center deliverables.
- · Address problems and suggest out-of-the-box solutions with a global mindset so that best practices can be applied across regional teams with regard to key industry verticals, customer segments etc
- · Interpret and uncover trends and insights in customer account purchasing behavior across IOT products, industries, regions to help propose targeting and sales recommendations on software (SaaS) and platform specific solutions – work closely with product management and marketing
Who You Are / Experience Required
- · Have 5+ years of experience in software sales (SaaS solutions), cellular connectivity management, sales growth business development management, solving customer problems with SaaS solutions, working with cross-functional teams on software deployments or ongoing management activities around cloud-based software.
- · Nice to have: Experience managing full software deployments and optimizing software licensing within a corporate environment is strongly preferred
- · Experience documenting, managing and executing SaaS negotiations.
- · Experience creating professional and eye-opening deliverables, utilizing graphics and charts to convey complex themes and insights.
- · Self starter who is able to identify and execute on actionable opportunities that drive customer ROI.
- · A strong attention to detail and tenacity to see projects and tasks to completion being process
- · Results oriented with ability to prioritize, drive and lead multiple initiatives to complete deliverables on time
- · Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you are empowered to make decisions and drive the business
- · Disciplined and process-oriented; proven attention to detail.
- · Creative and out-of-the-box thinking to drive compelling solutions to problems. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to solve and structure problems using evidence-based data to lead to insights
- · Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, presentation, influencing, coordination/mediation, ability to convey key points of complex topics in a concise manner. A passionate communicator, analytics story-teller and collaborator who likes to let results and data inform decisions
- · Consistent track record in cross-functional collaboration, establishing relationships and driving successful outcomes in a matrixed environment and in teams
- · Cisco technology and sales terminology – knowledge of Cisco products, verticals, customer segments etc
- · Have experience in marketing program execution, strategy, and planning, or analyzing and gathering insights from projects
- · Digital Marketing - Uncover trends in user and account behavior to help inform marketing teams.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.