Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
Cisco’s IOT-NMS team is developing next-gen network management platforms to provide solutions for IOT Customers for various deployments, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Automation and Smart Connected. You will be working on cutting-edge network management systems which manage and configure devices such as Cisco’s leading Industrial IOT routers and switches. Designing and developing solutions to manage millions of endpoints for unreliable links in secure way, designing solutions that manage networks on a factory floor and robots or designing management solution for devices that are on the move. Be part of this revolution at an early stage and shape the industry future.
Cisco is looking for an exceptional SRE/DevOps engineer who can help in the delivery of multiple complex network management projects in a timely, controlled and predictable manner. You are an engineer who is passionate about DevOps and building deployment automation that enables automated configuration, management, and scalability of cloud and on-premise microservices and infrastructure processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
· Develop and maintain Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration systems.
· Continually improve CI/CD tools, processes and procedures.
· Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud and on-premise stack.
· Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
· Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
· Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts.
· Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues
· Collaborate with Developers, QA and Automation team members to ensure successful completion, deployment, integration, maintenance, and operations of solutions, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of overall IT experience.
- 3+ years of CI/CD Engineering experience with below skill set.
- Excellent knowledge on SVN, GIT, Jira/Rally is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems, and Windows systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, VMWare, AWS/Azure/GCE etc.
- Experience with configuration management like Ansible/Saltstack.
- Experience with a UNIX shell scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, Perl and Python.
- Exposure to Java, Spring, Python and microservice ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g., UDeploy, Jenkins, Maven or Gradle.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and operations concepts.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Layer 3 and Layer 7 load balancing, etc.).
- System administration exposure.
- A desire to learn new skills.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it is transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will influence everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place to Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.