IC Test Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What you will do:
You will be an ATE test engineer in the Component Quality and Technology team within Supply Chain Operations, who will partner with Cisco’s IC design engineers in the Transceiver Module Group, silicon fabs, test equipment vendors and other Cisco Supply Chain teams to develop leading edge characterization and production test solutions on Cisco’s suite of Silicon Photonics ICs and ASICs.
You have the skillset to manage Cisco’s photonic ASIC test, qualification and burn in testing to JEDEC specs, including writing test plan and qualification, and performing root cause corrective action on test and qualification fails. Your scope will include liaising with the system bring up teams on integrated circuit verification, and with design, test engineers and silicon technologist to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies.
You have excellent knowledge of test equipment integration and can write libraries to support the automated test of the integrations. You will have hands on experience in ASIC wafer level probing including integration and alignment of electrical probes to perform the test measurement capabilities. You have knowledge in test structure design, DFT, test program development and load board design
Your scope includes defining characterization plans and generate characterization reports, defining production screening guard-band specifications based upon design intent and characterization results, and transferring new products into full manufacturing release by collaborating with offshore manufacturing personnel. You should also have the capability to write or revise test programs on 93000 test platform and other platforms as needed. Your additional responsibilities include manufacturing sustaining support on Cisco’s photonics integrated circuits.
Who you will work with:
You will join a team providing innovative electrical test solutions for Silicon Photonics platform at Cisco. You will collaborate with and lead test implementation at ASIC test fabs and OSATs (out-sourced assembly and testing). You will liaise with IC design teams to ensure suitable test structures are incorporated in the designs to verify production silicon. You will further collaborate with IC designers, module and system hardware teams on integrated circuit verification & performance, as well as identifying and implementing corrective action on both new and mature products and technologies.
Who you are:
- BSEE or MSEE in Physic, Optics, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 5-7 years’ experience with silicon IC bring-up, production and characterization test experience.
- Experience handling ATE test programs for characterization and data collection.
- Strong knowledge of Advantest 93000 tester for characterization and production testing, and the latest state-of-the-art trends in DFT and test.
- Analog IC testing experience preferred.
- Good knowledge in Optical signal characterization and testing using optical measurement instrumentation.
- Experience programming in C, C++, Python, AWK, SED, Perl languages, Unix.
- Strong knowledge of production ATE for characterization and production testing, and ability to automate data collection and analysis.
- Ability to drive collaboration across groups and provide leadership across many parts of Cisco's technical entities to provide bleeding-edge solutions for Cisco's photonic and system test strategies.
- Strong partnership & collaboration skills. Excellent problem solving & effective conflict resolution skills.
- An effective multi-functional communicator with strong, presentation and interpersonal skills, with multi-functional leadership to get results and craft change across organizations.
- Can communicate effectively with internal and external executives via executive summaries and project status overviews
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- High level of motivation and energy.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.