IAM - Network Security Engineer
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
You're a high-energy and motivated individual passionate about Identity and Network Security Technologies, and we want you to join our Network Security team which is a part of the overall Identity & Access Management (IAM) group. Identity is at the heart of a companywide transformation that is key to Cisco’s future success. One of IT’s top initiatives right now is enabling Identity Border, making this a deeply exciting time to join Cisco’s IAM team. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) and related products such as Identity Services Engine (ISE), pxGrid, and DNA (Digital Network Architecture) Center, and you will be responsible for :
- Enterprise-wide Deployment of Cisco ISE product and integration of ISE with other Cisco Security products like DNAC, StealthWatch, FirePower
- Providing technical leadership for the Support and maintenance of Cisco’s AAA Infrastructure & Services
- Scripting and Automation of operational tasks such as endpoints and network device provisioning in ISE
- Working with Network Infrastructure administrators to define and implement AAA policies and configurations
- Working with Cisco ISE BU and other Cisco multi-functional teams for the resolution of AAA issues
- Detail the technical solutions and provide training to support team members
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our innovative Identity and Access Management team as well as multi-functionally across IT and Product teams to explore what technologies have to offer today and expand beyond looking into using automation, analytics, and machine learning.
Who You Are
You have a passion to learn technologies, possess good critical thinking and analytical skills, have an eye for business, and have the ability to stay focused in a fast-paced environment. You're coordinated, ambitious, enjoy building relationships and can communicate clearly and effectively with the distributed team. You are professional and work with integrity. At a minimum, we require:
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics.
- 5+ years of experience with Network Security products and solutions such as Cisco ISE, Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS), or other NAC products
- Solid grasp of network security concepts and protocols such as dot1x authentication, Radius, TACACS+
- Experience with AAA configurations with Network devices such as WLCs, Switches, ASAs
- Good working knowledge in Linux based VM environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for resolving security & networking related issues in a medium to a large enterprise environment
Additional qualifications may include:
- Certification in Networking or Security domain such as CCNA, CISSP or equivalent level is preferred
- Experience with monitoring or logging analysis tools (System Center Operations Manager, Splunk).
- Experience in scripting skills using Perl, Python or Unix Shell
- Agile Software Development
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning experience"
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.