HyperFlex QA Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
In this role, you will design high level test approaches and detailed test plans. Execute automated and manual tests during product development and testing phases to find defects in your assigned feature area(s). Conduct requirements and design reviews of new features and work with development team to analyze and root cause failures, and troubleshoot.
- File defects and feature improvements, track and drive them towards resolution.
- Engage with users to discover problem areas.
- Author and develop: Test Plans, Test Design, Test Case; constantly assess test development and processes to improve the overall quality of our products.
- Design and automate test cases with Python OOP & REST API, CLI, SDK for a Distributed System, Virtualization Platform, Kubernetes, and Docker platform
- Design and develop UI/CLI based helper tools for Dev and QA
- Manage and maintain build process
- Manage and maintain CI/CD Pipeline workflows using Jenkins, triage failure, engage with counterpart to unblock the issue
- Run Functional, Regression, help Dev with Unit Test
- Manage and administer Test and Lab Infrastructure
Who You'll Work With
As a QA Test Engineer, you will work well with other QA Engineers, Dev Engineers and Product Management partners. You will also be interacting with support to understand customer use cases and requests.
Who You Are
- You “MUST” have extensive experience developing & automating tests with Python OOPS and REST API
- You have experience with Django & Web Development, Selenium, Java Script, YAML, JSON, Database, Java/C/C++
- Test and development experience of Opensource software is big plus
- You are experienced with integrating automation test frameworks such as Jenkins and the ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- You have strong experience testing an enterprise class “systems” product (File Systems, File/Block Storage Systems, Operating Systems, Distributed File/System, Virtualization Platform, Cloud Platform, Networking Solution).
- Extensive experience in at least one Hypervisor Environment – preferably in ESXi/vCenter - is a requirement, KVM experience is plus
- Strong on VMware/Hyper-V/KVM features and functionalities
- Experienced in testing management software of an Enterprise level storage product
- Experienced in testing OnPrem & Cloud and virtualization platform (Docker, VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes (K8s) stack; Deploy, Administer K8s Cluster, K8s Master, K8s Nodes, kubelet, kube-proxy, K8s API, CLI/kubectl, libvirt, qemu, etc.
- Working knowledge of OpenShift
- Strong Systems Administration experience in Linux and/or Windows environment (NIS, LDAP, ADS, DHCP, DNS, WINS, NTP, Proxy, SMB, LVM, RAID, Disk/Filesystem Management, Installation)
- Experience with Rack and Blade Server management; CISCO UCS/UCSM experience is big plus
- An understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as - networked file systems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, SAN, Shared LUNs.
- You have BS or MS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 or more years of Software QA experience.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.