Human Resources Manager - Germany
Location:Garching, Bayern, Germany
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
You will be part of a creative and adaptive organization, driving leading-edge topics like team intelligence while at the same time ensuring high-quality HR operational excellence support together with our Business Service Centers and Client Delivery team.
You will also functionally collaborate with the Center of Excellence colleagues (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, Leadership and Team Intelligence) and Employee Services to drive the whole employee’s agenda for Germany.
Key accountabilities for this job include but are not limited to:
- Partner with the managers in country and HR Partners, create and implement HR strategies and plans which support their business priorities
- Develop employee engagement initiatives to make Cisco a ‘great place to work’ for all employees, all functions
- Be the HR lead in the country leadership board
- Develop inclusion and collaboration strategies to attract diverse talent into Cisco, increase awareness of I&D
- Support and lead organizational changes and acquisitions
- Work closely with the COEs to ensure delivery of Employee Relations, Talent Management, Total Reward strategy and initiatives relevant to the country.
- Responsible for HR related local governance and compliance items across all business and functions in Germany including Works council matters
- Participate in any EMEAR wide activities as identified by the Head of HR
Who You'll Work With
The world of technology continues to accelerate innovation, being our key differentiator at Cisco. Therefore our focus is on our people. They will allow us to move with the speed we want to. We in HR at Cisco thrive to make the difference ensuring the intended business outcomes are achieved.
Over the last few years, HR in Cisco has undergone a significant transformation to support our leaders during a phenomenal period of growth, while at the same time, never losing sight on HR delivering operational excellence in smarter ways year over year.
Who You Are
You are a motivational and talented senior HR consultant.
You are comfortable being part of an agile organization and are used to work in a fast paced matrix environment, viewing ambiguity as a chance to define the future.
You roll up your sleeves to provide real-time support to the business in helping craft the thinking around how we best move forward, understanding the needs of a very diverse and growing business within the EMEAR Region.
You are passionate about diving into complex employment law topics and drive them as well as work with employee representatives and works councils.
You will likely bring the following experience and skills:
- proven organizational development and consulting skills to serve as a trusted advisor to major business and HR leaders
- strong team experience with the ability to inspire and willing to lead change through the team independent of reporting lines and hierarchies
- experience of working in complex, dynamic and constantly changing environments with a high focus on collaboration (Technology experience not essential), experience in the operational aspects of an HR role incl. sound understanding of the core aspects of the HR Calendar of services
- experience in supporting sales organizations or an American company desirable but not essential
- experience with employee representatives/works councils (Germany experience would be nice but not mandatory)
- wish and ability to see the bigger picture in order to deliver against priorities
- ability and positive mindset to handle ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- ability to engage and influence Senior Leaders with confidence and credibility
- confidence to work in a highly virtual environment
- an advanced degree in business, law or HR
- fluency in German as well as English
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.