Human Resources Leadership Program (Intern) – United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Internship for Summer 2021
Please upload cover letter and resume
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Human Resources Leadership Program (HRLP) internship is a twelve-week program designed to develop future HR leaders. The internship program prepares students to join Cisco full-time post graduation as part of Cisco’s three-year HRLP rotational program. As a Cisco HRLP intern, you will:
- Work on projects that will add significant value to the business and participate in professional development workshops, function-specific training, and business seminars often led by subject-matter professionals
- Collaborate with senior leadership, managers, cross-functional teams, and other interns in the HRLP community while presenting analysis and recommendations on a pivotal initiative to the senior HR leadership team
Work on strategic HR projects that increases Cisco's value, partner with an expert mentor and collaborate with Cisco leaders. Choose your own adventure and rotate through HR functions that you’re passionate about.
- You are actively pursuing an MBA or Master’s degree with a concentration in HR
- You show excellent academic credentials with comprehension of business fundamentals including finance, marketing, operations and strategy
- You have four plus years of related work experience between Bachelor’s and Master’s programs or during Master’s program
- You have shown leadership skills, ability to motivate change, and a working knowledge of HR competencies
- You show the ability to think strategically, partner with business units, and articulate how HR can positively impact business effectiveness
- You show a strong passion for building a career in Human Resources
- Willingness to relocate to Cisco's headquarters in San Jose, CA for the summer Internship
- You are able to provide a current (recommended) cover letter and resume at time of application
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!