Human Resources Leadership Program (Intern) – United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Human Resources Leadership Program (HRLP) internship is a twelve-week program designed to develop future HR leaders. The internship program prepares students to join Cisco full-time post graduation as part of Cisco’s three-year HRLP rotational program. As a Cisco HRLP intern, you will:
• Work on projects that will add significant value to the business and participate in professional development workshops, function-specific training, and business seminars often led by subject-matter professionals
• Collaborate with senior leadership, managers, cross-functional teams, and other interns in the HRLP community while presenting analysis and recommendations on a pivotal initiative to the senior HR leadership team
Work on strategic HR projects that increases Cisco's value, partner with an expert mentor and collaborate with Cisco leaders. Choose your own adventure and rotate through HR functions that you’re passionate about.
• You are actively pursuing an MBA or Master’s degree with a concentration in HR
• You show excellent academic credentials with comprehension of business fundamentals including finance, marketing, operations and strategy
• You have four plus years of related work experience between Bachelor’s and Master’s programs or during Master’s program
• You have shown leadership skills, ability to motivate change, and a working knowledge of HR competencies
• You show the ability to think strategically, partner with business units, and articulate how HR can positively impact business effectiveness
• You show a strong passion for building a career in Human Resources
• Willingness to relocate to Cisco's headquarters in San Jose, CA for the summer Internship
• You are able to provide a current (recommended) cover letter and resume at time of application
At Cisco, each person brings their own unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco