Human Resources Business Partner
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
“Please apply through the Meraki jobs site at www.meraki.com/jobs”
Meraki, a Cisco business unit, seeks a thoughtful, resourceful, and dedicated individual to join the People Operations Team in San Francisco. We are currently 1200+ employees across the world and growing rapidly. We want to maintain the personal touch and speed of a small company while leveraging the benefits of the global Cisco brand.
People teams have to be prepared for and thoughtful about current and future business needs. The most successful HR Business Partners in our organization are those who are able to combine business acumen and HR expertise to help design and implement people strategies that enable the business. You work in partnership with leaders advising and coaching them to grow teams that can consistently deliver their best work. You are adept at forming relationships and dedicated to aligning the business’ needs with our people strategy. We are proud of our team and we are looking for a talented individual who shares our passion for helping meet the demands of the business both today and in the future.
What you will do:
- Work with leaders to scope and execute great people projects (e.g., workforce planning, career pathing, leader/employee development, performance management, compensation strategy design, diversity and inclusion, etc.).
- Provide frontline support to leaders and employees, acting as a one-stop contact for all strategies related to people in your assigned functional teams, managing both big ideas and some tiny tasks.
- Keep up with latest HR policies and trends through industry outreach, events and certifications/classes.
- Ensure compliance through partnerships with team members in centers of excellence, including compensation, learning & development, legal, and finance.
- Coach senior leaders, supporting them on their own growth and development and on the growth and development of their team.
- Utilize best practices and sound judgment to help leaders make difficult decisions.
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the organization.
- Drive the collection and analysis of employee data (compensation, retention, etc) to help drive the development of the people strategy.
- Design, deliver and implement presentations and trainings that provide employees with actionable leadership and career development skills.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable and experienced. You have a BA/BS degree, and preferably a Master’s relevant to this role. You have 5+ years experience in human resources, consulting or related field. You hold discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information. You are comfortable learning the tools of the trade (HRIS, ATS, and compensation/budget planning tools).
- Confident and calm. Your presence is re-assuring and you can help people accomplish what is required by the business. You aren’t afraid to weigh the options, influence decision making, and make recommendations. You accept change and are resilient, adapting to meet the nuanced needs of various partners.
- Collaborative and authentic. You can communicate complicated ideas simply, you like working on teams, and you are committed to finding the best solution. You are comfortable with giving and receiving feedback as well as with being able to productively manage conflict. You are accountable for your own actions and results.
- Observant and proactive. You are a good listener, picking up on what is being said and what is not being said, especially within areas of ambiguity or uncertainty. You are inclined to empathize and understand what someone else thinks and enables them reflect on the situation they are in and to define next steps. You are also able to identify problems autonomously, anticipating and actualizing the needs of the business.
- Curious and pensive. You ask great questions and can quickly get to the heart of the matter. You can keep an open mind to allow for the best solution to emerge. You also take data seriously and seek information to help direct your decision making.
- Open-minded and adaptable. You are willing to listen to other perspectives and able to put yourself in someone else’s position. You are flexible and understanding of the fluid environment in which we work to support change as it arises.
- Quirky and quirky. Willing to laugh at our jokes.