High touch Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Additional Location(s)Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Cisco seeks an experienced Enginneer to provide technical leadership and operations support for engagements for Cisco to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The Engineer delivers the technologies, solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco''s face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commtments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise i.e Data center and Security, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management skills, you''re well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Engineers are responsible for delivering technical lifecycle service including Planning, Design, Implemention and Operations of Cisco Enterprise and Service Provider Solutions.
Products and Solutions that Engineer will work on will include the Core Routing and Switching portfolio, the Data Center portfolio,Network Management and Element Management systems. Examples of protocols and technologies that Engineer will work on and needs to be proficient in include SD-LAN, SD-WAN, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, QoS, Traffic Engineering, IPv6, Multicast.
Engineer will be required to create/customize Network Implementation Plans, test plans and Site Requirements Specifications. Engineer will be required to provide technical input to Statements of Work, RFPs and contracts. Implementation services will include on-site and remote support, configuration, network connectivity and testing of services, Network Acceptance, and Customer and Partner training and workshops. Engineer will provide lifecycle services for different types of engagements including Proof-of Concept, Early Field Trials, Pre-sales Trials and large scale deployments
Typically requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent plus 6-10 years related technical experience.
* Must have hands-on technical skills and experience in the following technologies and protocols: Software defined -LAN/WAN, Ethernet Switching and Data center infrastructure deployments-Compute/Storage/Network, Network Management and Element Management systems.
* Must have strong hands-on experience in Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Routing and switching, security and Data center solutions.
* Good communications skills are a must. Must have a demonstrated ability to relate to customer representatives at various levels.
* Must have good technical writing skills and have experience in writing high test and implementation plans.
* Skills and experience dealing with high pressure situations and quick changing circumstances
* Skills and experience in working independently, determining methods and procedures on new assignments
* Strong interpersonal and team work skills.