High Touch Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job with the ability to learn and deliver results
Who You Will Work With
Cisco's government and enterprise customers receive personalised reactive services from a dedicated team of engineers as part of the Expert Care Team.
Being part of the Customer Experience organisation (CX), Cisco Expert Care provides an enhanced third level support to differentiate our service from standard technical services and support.
The Expert Care team has experienced significant growth and is expanding capabilities in Australia. As a new team member based out of Canberra, you will have the opportunity to work in a fun, challenging, diverse, and dynamic environment.
Learning and sharing experiences are expected and part of the team's growth and start up culture, while we continue to build the team and customised services.
What You'll Do
As part of the Cisco Expert Care team:
You are a technical expert in (Cisco) technology area; with understanding of networking or willing to learn and expand your expertise via Cisco.
You drive customer satisfaction and take ownership for customer success. You identify, document and resolve issues reported by our customers.
You tackle problems of diverse scope and complexity where the problem analysis requires further evaluation of various factors and correlation of data.
You work directly with a team of highly qualified technical experts in multiple technologies as well as closely with business units and development as well as a global team.
You are willing to consult on projects and/or project teams (depending on experience) to deliver on customer requests or requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- The HTE delivers the technologies, solutions and services which customers need to expertly manage their networks.
- In this role, you will be "Cisco’s face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
- You need to be an experienced and creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers. Enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Connects directly with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
- Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco.
- Provide problem root-cause analysis at the network infrastructure and application level and produce detailed technical reports that include root cause, next steps, and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Review and analyse trends and assist in providing quarterly reports detailing corrective action plans planned for the next quarter.
- Shorten the time to resolution during complex situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations.
- Leverage industry best practices and detailed understanding of the customer’s infrastructure.
- Setting up weekly cadences to review technical issues.
- Review historic customer data to identify trends and enable problem management
- Handle multiple customers for aforementioned needs remotely or onsite.
- You will be part of Cisco's CX (Customer Experience) Organisation. You will work very closely with our HTOM, HTTS CSEs, NCEs, SEs, as well as the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) aligned to this engagement.
Who You Are
In addition to your ability to work as a team member:
You are able to think and operate independently to include in a highly collaborative environment, especially when working remotely and with remote colleagues.
You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, to communicate effectively with customers.
You are fluent in English.
You have Australian Citizenship
You have Ability to hold and maintain a security clearance (NV1 min). Cisco will sponsor a security clearance for the right candidate.
You have a BS in a technical field or equivalent related work experience.
- Technical Expertise Desired: Collaboration
Experience at the enterprise level with Cisco Unified Communications Manager to include troubleshooting and configuration
Unified Communications: Call Control, Communication Gateways, Voice Gateways, Messaging, Collaboration Management and Licensing.
Collaboration Endpoints: IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, Collaboration Room Endpoints, Collaboration Peripherals, Cisco Jabber, Webex clients.
- Technical Expertise Desired: Networking (Route/Switch)
Experience at the enterprise level with Cisco Routers and Switches including but not limited too troubleshooting and configuration
In-depth experience configuring and supporting network protocols like IPv4/v6, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, Segment routing, etc.
Must strong knowledge of Cisco Routers like ISR2900/3900/4400, 7200, 7600, ASR 1K,9k, CRS and Switches like Cisco 2900, 3600. 3750, 3650, 3850, 4500 & 6500 series.
Strong knowledge layer 2 technologies like VTP, STP, MST, RSTP+, Trunking, VLANs, Layer 3 Switches, Logical Ether Channels etc.
Solid Understanding of IOS Features and Services – HSRP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, PTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP Management, Netflow etc.
- Technical Expertise Desired: Security
Experience in Cisco Security Technologies like Firewall , VPN , AAA and Firepower, ISE
Expertise in trouble shooting complex Security related issues.
Excellent knowledge of Cisco Security platforms, ASA Firewalls like ASA5000, Firepower4000 & 9000 series
Good communication skills and ability to convince and build social relationships.
Ability to work with a multi-functional and geographically diverse team is expected.
CCNP or CCIE Security – highly desired.
- Technical Expertise Desired: DataCentre
Understanding of IP/TCP networking and security concepts.
Data centre and storage network services/technologies.
Data centre routing and switching technologies (e.g. vPC, FabricPath, STP, first hop duplication, VXLAN, ACI, MPLS, OTV, OSPF, RIP, BGP, EIGRP, and Multicast).
Cisco UCS portfolio and Data Center environments including Nexus Series Switches (Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k)
Knowledge of common Cisco technologies, solutions and hardware platforms.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.