High Touch Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Job Title: High Touch Engineer (HTE)
Department: UKI Expert Care
- Provide Network-level problem resolution, including troubleshooting on the entire Cisco network for complex and critical issues.
- Provide problem root-cause analysis at the network infrastructure and application level and produce detailed technical reports that include root cause, next steps, and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide Software Referrals to address critical problems identified across customer’s install base.
- Review and analyse trends and work with the High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) in providing quarterly reports detailing corrective action plans, and other actions planned for the next quarter.
- Shorten the time to resolution during complex and critical situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations.
- Assist the UKI Teams, Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) and HTOM, on any specific matters which may arise in the delivery of the High Touch Support Services on their customer accounts.
Candidate must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts and in addition to their technical ability must also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills:
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to engage and coordinate with other technical resources seamlessly during the trouble shooting process.
- Focus on network-level or application support versus device-level support.
- Resolution ownership, regardless of technology involved.
- Strong commercial awareness, fully appreciate the impact that network outages can have on a customers’ core business.
- Ability to adjust communication style when interfacing with executives and engineers.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Leverages and contributes to Virtual Teams.
- Good understanding of business process and requirements in a support environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully as a team member in a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Be comfortable presenting to groups of engineers on training and provide knowledge transfer.
- Results driven and focus on the customer.
Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge
Experience with the following (or 3rd party equivalents) is desirable:
- Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Software-Defined WAN fabrics (SD-WAN)
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Cisco Nexus Products, including 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000, 9000 and 1000V series
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
Educational Background Recommended
- 5+ years experience in network engineering or a telecommunications support environment.
- CCNP, CCIP, CCIE or equivalent networking qualification is highly desirable.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Location of Role
- Working from home (travel to customer site as required, potentially several days per week)