High Touch Engineer
Location:Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do:
- Provide Network-level problem resolution, including troubleshooting on the entire Cisco network for complex and critical issues.
- Provide problem root-cause analysis at the network infrastructure and application level and produce detailed technical reports that include root cause, next steps, and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide Software Referrals to address critical problems identified across customer’s install base.
- Review and analyse trends and work with the High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) in providing quarterly reports detailing corrective action plans, and other actions planned for the next quarter.
- Shorten the time to resolution during complex situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations.
- Assist the UKI Teams, Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) and HTOM, on any specific matters which may arise in the delivery of the High Touch Support Services on their customer accounts.
Who You Are:
A self motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts and in addition to their technical ability must also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills:
- Validated leadership skills with the ability to engage and coordinate with other technical resources seamlessly during the trouble shooting process.
- Focus on network-level or application support versus device-level support.
- Resolution ownership, regardless of technology involved.
- Strong commercial awareness, fully appreciate the impact that network outages can have on a customers’ core business.
- Ability to adjust communication style when collaborating with executives and engineers.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Leverages and contributes to Virtual Teams.
- Good understanding of business process and requirements in a support environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work optimally as a team member in a multi-functional matrix environment.
- Be comfortable presenting to groups of engineers on training and provide knowledge transfer.
- Results driven and customer-focused.
Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
Experience with the following (or 3rd party equivalents) is desirable:
- VMWare ESXi and vCenter
- Cisco Unified Border Element (SP Edition) (CUBE-SP)
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Cisco Nexus Products, including 5000, 7000, 1000V series
- Alternatives include any cloud/SaaS/Service Provider application account provisioning application, such as Vision OSS (VOSS), Ensim Unify, Microsoft Provisioning System (MPS), etc.
- Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance
- Alternatives include any cloud/SaaS/Service Provider application for shared tenancy metering and monitoring.
- Microsoft Integrations
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
- Cisco Unified IM & Presence (CUIM&P)
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager (CUCDM)
- 5+ years experience in network engineering or a telecommunications support environment.
- CCNP, CCIP, CCIE or equivalent networking qualification is highly desirable.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.