High Touch Engineer - Security (Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, encryption, VPN ) - 3 to 10 years
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who You LL work With
Global CXC Expert care is a team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores. The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and hardworking engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team.
What You LL Do
- The HTE delivers the technologies, solutions and services which customers need to expertly handle their networks.
- In this role, you will be "Cisco’s face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
- You need to be a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers. Enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Connects directly with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
- Handles customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco.
- Provide problem root-cause analysis at the network infrastructure and application level and produce detailed technical reports that include root cause, next steps, and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Review and analyze trends and assist in providing quarterly reports detailing corrective action plans planned for the next quarter.
- Shorten the time to resolution during complex situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations.
- Leverage industry standard methodologies and detailed understanding of the customer’s infrastructure.
- Setting up weekly cadences to review technical issues.
- Review historic customer data to identify trends and enable problem management
- Handle multiple customers for aforementioned needs remotely or onsite.
Who You Are
- Good in Security technology domain with demonstrated expertise in the following areas - Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, encryption, VPN etc.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing Security solutions across key customer segments.
- Experience in preparing, planning, and designing, implementing and optimizing Security solutions and a broader understanding Security industry
- Demonstrated Domain Expertise in one or more of products and technologies such as Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco NG IPS, Identity Services Engine, Content Security Platforms, third party security products & solutions.
- Fluency in a wide range of Security protocols including TCP/IP, encryption protocols, application layer protocols, network & link layer protocols, device & network management protocols.
- Be a subject matter expert in Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD).
- Examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization.
- Presentation Skills: Executive level presentation skills, able to communicate complex solutions to non-technical audience successfully to help drive business growth and outcomes.
- A self-starter – able to thrive in an unstructured environment.
- CCIE Security or equivalent networking qualification is highly desirable.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 8 years related experience or MS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.