Head of SE, Greater China
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart-cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
We are looking for Head of SE, Greater China to drive all facets of the GC SE organization and to lead all related presales technical resources and provide technology though leadership.
- Work with cross-functional team leaders to prioritize Sales Engineering deliverables and strategy across the company
- Lead, mentor and grow our GC Sales Engineering Team
- Partner closely with Cisco counterparts on key initiatives and alignment
- Work with our CEO and sales leadership to determine optimal resource allocation
- Identify and develop methods to improve the entire technical sales cycle from the discovery phase, through qualification, POC, solution design and technical win
- Successfully accelerate our business growth
- Present effectively and persuasively in front of large audiences, both technically and non-technically oriented
- Oversee the Sales Engineering activities for the largest, most significant accounts in the regions
- Maintain overall planning for staffing, budgeting, and changes within GC SE function
- Provide direction and strategy to ensure operational excellence
- Direct planning for recruiting efforts within the region as required
- Develop and communicate policies that affect regional SE function
- Assure adherence to budgets, schedules, and work plans
- Actively measure, monitor and adjust resources and activities appropriately to maintain good customer engagement, sales process methodology and utilization
- Act as a key interface between Sales and Product Management to ensure product features, improvements and issues are being surfaced to the Product organization in a timely manner
- Graduate degree plus MBA preferred
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
- MS/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Business Analytics or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience and 5+ years of experience managing pre-sales organizations; experience managing 20+ technical professionals; demonstrable success managing first, second-line managers, and senior technical specialists.
- Experience working or managing across multiple customer segments (SMB, MM, ENT, SLED, Fed, MSP, Channel, etc.)
- You have solid executive presence, ability to effectively interact with executives within and outside of the company
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
- You are a mentor with strong people-management skills and the ability to support and coach team members
- Experience in key account management and execution of complex sales campaigns
- Strong performance management and team-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sort through complex issues, translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner and develop appropriate solutions in a timely and responsive manner.
- Has a solid ability to troubleshoot a sales cycle
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional organizations, including Product Management & Marketing.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.