Hardware Quality Engineer, Cameras
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer who will work with our JDM partners and Hardware team to prevent quality issues around our Smart Camera products.
You’re work will involve:
- Reviewing and helping define quality test standards to minimize design quality issues.
- Reviewing EVT and DVT reports from JDM partners.
- Defining manufacturing quality metrics, monitor production quality, and work with JDM partners to drive continuous improvement.
- Follow-up on RMA trends and drive corrective action back through manufacturing as necessary.
- Do sustaining support for products through to the end of life. Report on Quality to other departments within Meraki.
- Audit/Evaluate JDM quality systems to insure they are producing a quality product.
- Work with the Meraki Hardware team through EVT, DVT and pilot production to help insure a good quality product.
- Support the product from initial mass production through its end of life.
- Work with Manufacturing Process/Test team on the data that will be collected from test.
- Work with JDM on continuous improvement on yields and process/test stability.
- Work with the JDM partners on qualifying new component sources.
- Monitor JDM process quality trend for changes and drive corrective actions.
- BSEE or equivalent in experience
- Combined 5 years’ experience EVT/DVT and manufacturing engineer or manufacturing quality
- 1+ years doing EVT and DVT
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with camera products in production
- Experience with Asia CM or JDM manufacturing
- Experience with PLM systems change order processes
- Experience with component engineering
- Experience with wireless hardware
Based in our sunny San Francisco office with stunning views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond, Meraki offers an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks and cappuccino machines, catered lunches every day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.