Hardware Program Manager
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
The program manager is critical to the success of our product development and release. The program manager will work closely with cross functional leads including marketing, multi-disciplinary HW and SW engineering, manufacturing, supply-chain, finance, and compliance team. The Program Manager is responsible for developing and tracking platform product development schedules that are have the buy-in from key stakeholders, highlighting critical program risks and excursions early while working to develop recovery plans, and ensuring a quality on-time release to our new and existing customer base.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling platform program development and release goals, milestones and deliverables.
- Working with all cross-functional stakeholders to define and execute the engineering programs.
- Coordinate agreement for product based requirements included in each release. Drive decision process for inclusion of unplanned / emergency requirements (customer and internal based)
- Communicate program requirements, priorities and decisions, regularly and effectively.
- Track and report program status. Anticipate, expose and address execution issues timely.
- Guide cross-functional team in resolving conflicts and indecisions. Escalate when necessary.
- Roll up resources for program execution, and expose resource and skill gaps.
- Undertakes strategy creation for contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Ensures the best practiced NPI (New Product Introduction) processes used in the development and deployment. Assure compliance to company standards and procedures.
- Assist in budget planning and tracking program expenses.
- Proven success in program management. Expertise with NPI process desired
- Experience in program management of one or more hardware products from prototype to production release required
- Demonstrated strong planning and project management skills in managing a complex HW development program, consisting of system hardware, firmware, and software including compliance.
- Ability to comprehend technical aspects of complex systems, guide cross-functional and detailed technical discussions during critical problem solving exercises, and keep the big picture of development and customer end goals in mind.
- Familiarity with Complex vertical manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Possess critical thinking. Agility in dealing with fast changing requirements. Ability to distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Understanding of key technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, DECT desired
- Understanding of international compliance testing, standards, and country requirements (EMC, RF, Safety, UL, FCC, ISED, CE) is a plus
- Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and Microsoft Project expertise required; Experience with SharePoint, Agile or similar NPI process management / communication tools a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, 7-10 years overall experience. BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering desired. PM certification highly desired
- Excellent Influence management and leadership skills, especially in distributed team environments. Great communication, organization, analytical, presentation, and people skills around conflict resolution.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!