Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Are you our new Hardware Engineer?
In Lysaker, near Oslo, you find Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center. We develop audio and video conference solutions. Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world, without actually moving people around. The only way to make people choose digital solutions over traveling, is by improving the technology. It has to be awesome enough to be a true alternative for even the most important meetings.
We make both hardware and software and develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof – from idea to design, mechanics, audio, media processing and artificial intelligence. Cisco Webex Devices are used by small businesses and multinational corporations, as well as universities, governments and international organizations – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
We are currently looking for a new Hardware Engineer to join our Hardware Design team.
What you will do
Our Hardware Design team designs the electronics inside the Cisco Webex devices. As a Hardware Engineer you will be involved from the first design sketches to a fully mass manufacturable product shipping to our customers. Your responsibility will be the design and quality of the electronics in one or more of our products.
Our goal is to deliver the best product possible. We don’t settle for “good enough.” In order to achieve top quality, we work together, both as a team and with other teams. We strive for the balance between constant improvement, innovation and electronic design of such a quality that it can be reused in multiple products.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- follow a product through its entire life span
- embrace your interest in electronics, without having to make everything else
- design electronics that are mass produced and used all over the world
- be part of a team of experts on electronic design, and work closely with other teams developing the product
- achieve top-of-the-shelf quality in your products
Who you are:
Most importantly, you are passionate about designing electronics. You need a genuine will to create great electronics and products.
You have an eye for detail, and a pragmatic approach to problem solving. In order to succeed in our team, you need the ability to work independently while taking ownership and initiative. At the same time, you need to be curious of other team members and their products and be willing to listen to feed-back.
In addition, do you have:
- a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar?
- 2+ years of relevant experience?
- knowledge and interest in some of our hardware domains, such as schematic design or layout design, high speed interfaces, board simulations, or design for manufacturing and testability?
- verbal and written communication skills in English?
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
Cisco Webex Devices R&D Center are nothing without its people. We are dependent on our people’s creativity, curiosity and ability to work together to solve interesting problems in elegant ways, and we work hard to be a place where people thrive and grow.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen and are proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s Best Workplace in 2021. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group – that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps in our in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it