Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What you will do
In this role as a Hardware Engineer;
- system design on Data Center Switch products
- Prioritize and translate high level requirements into actionable milestones
- You will drive product from concept to production
- Participate in all stages of architecture, design, validation and support of these products
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Hands-on engineering efforts for system bring up and validation in the lab
- Interact, lead and address challenging technical problems with multi-functional teams
- Act as technical liaison to key suppliers for the product and technical perspectives
- Lead decision making to resolve technical tradeoff, operational and business considerations
Who you'll work with
The Data Center Group architects the next generation switching systems. The team designs, implements, and delivers industry leading switching products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on exciting projects.
Who you are & desired skills
- Have a minimum of 5+ years of experience with BSEE, MSEE, or BS Computer Engineering
- Experience with high end Network Switches
- Demonstrated experience working with suppliers and overseas multi-functional teams
- Current and/or prior experience with Intel x86 products desired.
- Familiar with design tools including Cadence Concept, and Allegro
- Familiar with high speed serial interfaces such as PCIe, Ethernet
- Familiar with DDR, SPI, I2C, MDI protocols
- Experience with high-speed (>=25G) system design, signal integrity issues, and power distribution techniques
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation
- Ability to collaborate with other subject areas, including software, BIOS, Diagnostics
- Proven experience with shipping products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!