Hardware Engineer - Quality Engineering (Hardware Design Schematics) 3+ - 8 years
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
As a Hardware Engineer, you work closely with design engineers to perform schematic design review and analysis through various design methods, such as simulation, to drive better NPI hardware quality and reliability. You analyze specification, datasheet, and application notes to create component device model and analyze schematic design.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Supply Chain Operations organization is responsible for taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. As part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team, Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
Who You Are
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required with 3+ years of related work experience.
• The ideal candidate should have a track record of success, a solid work ethic, and a can-do attitude. In addition, the candidate should possess the following skills
• Hands on exposure with hardware design and component specification
• Ability to read hardware schematics, hardware design specification/datasheet, and electronic component datasheet & application notes
• Familiar with X86 CPU architecture, PCIe, Ethernet, Fiber Channel and DDRx interfaces, FPGA design, High speed signal integrity and Power Distribution for modern processors, be able to use circuit schematic design & capture and PCB layout tools and familiar with hardware design review processes
• Familiar with C++ / Python programming algorithm and identify systemic process improvements by thinking "creatively".
Should have work experience on Enterprise products or telecommunication equipment with digital circuit hardware system design such as Sever, Storage, Router, Switch, OTN, ATCA,IOT, xPON, IPTV system, Core network, Collaboration video system(TP), Carrier Routing System(CRS)
• Effective English communication (verbal and written), teamwork skills and presentation skills.
• High level of motivation and energy. Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to work & collaborate effectively with remote teams globally
• Experience in EDA software company
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.