Hardware Engineer PhD (Intern) – United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)RTP, NC
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You’ll Do
Impact the product development from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see your contribution all the way through to large volume manufacturing.
Creative Hardware Engineering positions available in:
• ASIC Design and Verification
• System/Board Design
• Circuit Board Layout
• Hardware Automation, Validation and Test
• Signal Integrity
• Power Design
Who You'll Work With
Open-minded, driven, diverse and very creative people at Cisco design the hardware that makes the internet work. Bring your knowledge of computers and networking and take it to a new level in any one of the following product categories including: cloud, social, mobile/wireless, video, VoIP, large data, collaboration, web, Internet of Things, routing, switching, IPv6, data center, HPC, Telepresence and many more. Your work will impact billions globally.
Who You Are
• Actively enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Science, Material Engineering, Applied Physics, Math, Physics or related major
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work toward long-term goals
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering fundamentals and technical analytical skills
• Experience in establishing and sustaining positive relationships with the extended team
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!