Hardware Engineer - Ethernet Switching
Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
In order to pursue an aggressive product development roadmap, the EAS Fixed Switching development team is looking to add a strong, highly-motivated Hardware Engineer in the San Jose, California based development site. For this role, we are looking for a candidate that can:
* Work in a team environment to architect, design, develop, and release Ethernet Switching systems
* Work with Marketing to understand and prioritize Customer requirements
* Partner with Software, ASIC Development, HW Qualification, and Manufacturing teams
* Utilize a comprehensive cross-functional development methodology that ensures the robustness of the product, with a focus on high reliability and customer satisfaction
* Experience with lab bring-up and system design validation.
* Experience with high-speed design signal integrity issues, power distribution, and CPU subsystem design.
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience with MSEE or 7+ years of experience with BSEE
* Extremely motivated, passionate individual, who has a strong desire to be a team player both as a team member and a team leader.
* Knowledge of Systems operation.
* Experience in Board Design tools: Cadence Concept/Allegro
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to express complex technological concepts, influence others, and emphasize cooperation within a team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or beat deadlines.
* Desire to go "the extra mile" to successfully complete the variety of development & support activities.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.