Hardware Engineer - Access Switching
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
- Design next generation Hardware products for the market-leading Catalyst 9000 family
- Design and test enterprise class Hardware products for high volume production
- Work with high performing cross-functional engineering teams
- Use state of the art simulation and lab tools to achieve challenging technical and time to market goals.
Who You'll Work With
You will join a very dynamic and talented Hardware Development team and deliver next generation products part of the market-leading Catalyst family. Teamwork, innovation, leadership and high quality are the hallmarks of our team.
Who You Are
- BSEE with 2-4 years of experience or MSEE with 1-3 years of experience
- Hands on experience designing high speed circuit board
- Hands on experience designing and least one product from concept to high volume production
- Extensive experience using schematic capture and layout tools to develop high speed boards
- Knowledge of fundamental hardware blocks & subsystems - CPU, PCIe, USB, clocking, basic signal integrity & power issues
- Hands on experience using electrical measurement equipment – oscilloscopes, traffic generators etc
- Sound troubleshooting & diagnostic methodology
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others - both internal & external teams
- Ability to learn things & adapt to a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- A "can do" attitude, independent thinking, & ability to articulate complex technical issues in an effective manner
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.