Hardware Design Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
As a hardware engineer in the design/product team, you will work on hardware modules and subsystems projects to build solutions for different type of high speed interfaces needed for switches, routers and other network elements needed.
- Design modules and subassemblies that are needed to different network products.
- Bring up the new design and execute engineering validation in the lab with the set up and built of adequate test benches.
- Capture the requirements, define high level architecture, execute hardware design and product validation.
- Work closely with other functions such: engineering, manufacturing, product, and deployment teams to productize designs and field support.
- Drive product from concept to production.
Who You'll Work With
You will be infused in a multidisciplinary team of engineers that are part of the full deploy of the design and guarantee all the goals are met with your new design. The team is composed of software/embedded engineers, mechanical design engineers, CAD layout engineers and manufacturing teams to deliver the highest quality product to be deployed.
Teams from manufacturing side will be making sure the design can be manufacturable and yield high with adequate cost structure.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Board design and validation experience.
- Experience with design tools: schematic entry, layout tools, lab bring up and debug.
- Experience with high speed design, signal integrity and power distribution techniques.
- MS in a related field.
- Experience with sophisticated hardware design.
Experience with pluggable modules used in networking products
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD Design and work with other subject areas, including software, signal integrity, thermal and mechanical.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.