HRUP - Rotational Program (Intern) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
The Business Entity
Cisco Human Resources is inspiring today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. We are developing HR strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco's business and our employees by transforming Cisco's talent, leadership, culture, and organization.
At Cisco, investing in early-in-career talent is a no-brainer. This upbeat internship is the gateway into Cisco's full-time HRUP Rotational Program, designed for recent university graduates to engage with multiple HR disciplines and drive program implementation during their first years out of school, culminating with full-time placement in the business at the end of the rotational schedule. All work assignments, whether intern or full-time, are tied to immediate business needs identified by Cisco’s HR Leadership Team.
Our interns and full-time program members work in various high-visibility, value-driving roles in practice areas and business partnership functions. Some of the teams we’ve worked with include the following:
• Talent Acquisition
• Learning and Development
• HR Operations and Data Analytics
• Leadership and Team Intelligence
• Inclusion and Collaboration
• Client-facing HR for Engineering, Sales, Services, or Corporate Functions
• You are actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0; with a concentration in human resources, organizational behavior, or industrial-organizational psychology preferred, but not required
• You have excellent academic credentials with shown comprehension of business fundamentals, including finance, marketing, operations, systems, and strategy
• You have confirmed leadership skills, ability to inspire change, and a working knowledge of HR competencies
• You love dealing with ambiguity, thinking strategically, communicating with executive-level partners and have a real passion for building a career in HR
• You show excellent time management, project management, analytical thinking, and communication skills
• You are willing to relocate to our Cisco's headquarters in San Jose, CA for the summer internship (Research Triangle Park, NC is a possible location)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!