HRUP - Rotational Program (Full Time) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
The Business Entity
Cisco Human Resources is inspiring today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. We are developing HR strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco's business and our employees by transforming Cisco's talent, leadership, culture, and organization.
At Cisco, investing in early-in-career talent is a no-brainer. The HRUP rotational program is designed for recent university graduates to engage with multiple HR disciplines and drive program implementation during their first years out of school, culminating with full-time placement in the business at the end of the rotational schedule. All work assignments are tied to immediate business needs identified by Cisco’s HR Leadership Team.
Our program members work in various high-visibility, value-driving roles in practice areas and business partnership functions. Some of the teams we’ve worked with include the following:
• Talent Acquisition
• Learning and Development
• HR Operations and Data Analytics
• Leadership and Team Intelligence
• Inclusion and Collaboration
• Client-facing HR for Engineering, Sales, Services, or Corporate Functions
• You are a recent graduate or on your final year of studies toward a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management with a concentration in human resources, organizational behavior, or industrial-organizational psychology preferred, but not required
• You have confirmed leadership skills, ability to inspire change, and a working knowledge of HR competencies
• You love dealing with ambiguity, thinking strategically, communicating with executive-level partners and have a real passion for building a career in HR
• You show excellent time management, project management, analytical thinking, and communication skills
• You already have a work authorization that would permit you to work for Cisco -- i.e., U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, permanent residents, temporary residents (that is, you have gone through the legalization program) refugees and asylees
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!