HR Data Architect (Predictive Analytics)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Research Triangle Park NC, Richardson TX, Austin TX, Atlanta GA, may be open to other US locations
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
At Cisco, we build the bridge between hope and possibility.
Our team is working on the implementation of a Global Workforce Data Management strategy in alignment with the deployment of Cisco’s next generation Human Capital Management & Global Payroll systems.
Proper Workforce Data Management across the entire Cisco enterprise is critical. To help us execute this exciting strategy we are recruiting a Sr. Data Architect who will bridge the business architect and the IT architect, playing a vital role in the design and implementation of both business and technical architectures, and will work closely with business subject matter experts and stakeholders in developing (HR) data vision, strategy, data architecture, data governance, data exploitation, as well as, the business and technical integration of the solutions.
In this senior role in our HR Data & Analytics Organization, you will be responsible for developing the HR workforce data strategy. This position provides the opportunity to manage HR’s workforce data as it moves through the enterprise, and lead data priorities across all the various teams and initiatives involved. Our data focus includes: movement, enhancement, integration, protection, quality and availability/delivery of HR data throughout the enterprise.
As the ideal candidate:
- You will Provide consultancy and representation of HR’s Workforce Data Model across the initiatives in HR’s Portfolio – to influence scope and prioritize data implications and resolutions.
- Prioritize HR’s needs in: predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data to sufficiently guide the organization.
- You will establish and maintain data models, policies and mappings that are in sync with Business and Technical solutions. This includes recommendations including Cloud, "On-Prem", and converged data architectures.
- You will highlight and resolve conflicts and pain points by mapping systems and interfaces used to manage data, set standards for data management, analyze current state and conceptualize desired future state, and identify the projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- You will understand scaled-agile program delivery in a cloud technology environment.
- You will establish a federated data team across HR to provide leadership and insight into areas that require focus, alignment and leverage that ultimately drives efficiency and removes risk.
- Stay informed and aligned with the larger Enterprise Data teams and Technology Partners to insure we have established as well as, emerging data management and reporting technologies.
Who You'll Work With
You will be working across Cisco's HR organization, including our partners in Employee Services and IT. Your customers will be the business leaders in the various HR practices and services that create, manage and use the body of workforce data in their daily work. Your relationships will be built through consultancy and influence aimed at leveraging integration and innovation to keep the business agile and meeting customer expectations.
There will be an expectation in maintaining key technical relationships with your IT partners. An ideal partnership would result in an HR data model that can be easily understood and managed with both your technical AND business partners. An exceptional partnership would be expanding your influence and scope with industry and extended partnerships across the larger enterprise data community, ensuring HR is on the cutting edge of superior data management.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- BS/BA or equivalent
- 10 years of hands-on experience in the areas of: Data related Solutions, Architecture & Integrations, Operations, HR & IT
- Knowledge of system & data architecture, solution design and the ability to apply them
- In-depth experience in data modeling, experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling), data mining, predictive analytics and relevant industry experience Extra's that are a plus: Background experience of several of the following: BI and reporting tools like QlikView,Tableau, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, and Python
- Experience analyzing and designing multiple aspects of the data solution including source systems, ETL routines, resolving DQ issues, relational and dimensional models (conceptual and logical), developing the reporting or analytics layers
- A strong element of creativity to shape innovative solutions combined with architectural design experience in order to develop a workable solution
- Ability to influence and articulate ideas clearly and concisely, up/down/across the organization
- The ideal candidate will evoke passion and confidence with strong interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco