HR Consultant - Hardware
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
Are you interested in advising senior leaders while supporting and inspiring their talent? Cisco HR is inspiring today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. You will help develop HR strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco's business and our employees by transforming Cisco's talent, leadership, culture, and organization.
Who You'll Work With
Come partner with Cisco leaders in our Hardware group to influence and translate business strategy to talent management strategy as a leader and advisor with HR expertise and perspective.
Who You Are
Do you have expertise in these areas?
- Partnering with senior management to develop and translate business strategy to talent management strategy and oversee implementation
- Organizational Design and Organizational Effectiveness
- Assessing, developing and coaching executive and senior management teams
- Leading change management initiatives with a focus on shifts to culture, leadership and management requirements, and systems and processes
- Global experience and working across regions
- Building and lead large scale and structural change management efforts
- Engaging in strategic workforce planning
- Leading senior talent and performance management efforts
- Overseeing acquisition integration planning and executive assimilation
- Collaborating with Centers of Excellence to implement and deliver HR solutions and services in support of objectives
- Leveraging and integrating Annual Cycle Programs to reinforce company-wide HR strategy: Workforce planning, Performance Management, Career Development, Executive Compensation and Rewards, Talent Review, Employee Listening Surveys, Executive Recruiting, etc. Our Minimum Requirements for this Role
- Experience working HR in a global, Fortune 500 Company or similar, large matrixed organization
- Extensive experience supporting multiple organizations with populations in excess of 1000 employees
- Extensive experience identifying and driving people solutions which align to business strategy
- Extensive experience partnering collaboratively across the HR and other organizational functions
- Extensive experience influencing executives and other business leaders individually and collectively
- Courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address and act in the face of resistance in the best interests of the business
- Bachelor's Degree - MBA or Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience; technology-based company preferred
Other Desired Skills
- Experience coaching mid to senior-level executives
- Strong Business Acumen
- Expertise in identifying and driving HR solutions which align to business strategy
- Intuitive, conceptual, systems focused thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective pacing, prioritization and sequencing of work
- Strong sense of organizational navigation and political savvy
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.