HR Consultant - Consulting Delivery Japan Team-1265945
Location:Tokyo, Kanto, Japan
Area of InterestHuman Resources
We change the world, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What you’ll do
Agile and customer focused work has never been more important to our organization.
In this role, you will:
- Serve two portfolio of offerings areas to truly develop expertise in a specific service domain and deliver country HR solutions where specific country knowledge, language capability or location may be required
- Opportunity to rotate to new portfolio of offerings areas every 12-18 months
- Play a part in designing the offering, our Go-To-Market approaches, delivering the offering and using agile methodology/practices to continuously evolve our offerings
- Partner closely with your team members, Engagement Managers and HR Partners (HRPs) to consult and deliver offerings with your key customers: HRPs, Country HR Leads, Business Leaders and HR practices.
- Provide them with expertise and innovative solutions from our portfolio of offerings that meet their business needs.
- Drive consistency, simplification and digitization; identify best practices that can be turned into global offerings and deliver them at scale.
- As part of your aligned offerings, build in-depth specialist knowledge and experience, and drive global adoption of our HR innovations, practices and technology.
This role is both regionally and globally aligned - helping develop our regional HR community, and connecting and learning from the other global CD teams.
Who you'll work for
A newly formed global HR Consulting Delivery organization working across EMEAR, APJC and Americas, with a focus on delivering business outcomes in a consistent and simplified way leveraging best practice and digital platforms. Our portfolio of offerings includes 3 country offerings: Country Engagement, Compliance and Organisation Changes along with 4 cross functional offerings: People Analytics, Annual Cycle & Rewards Programs, Sales Compensation and Talent Management.
We have moved away from traditional hierarchy to an exciting more agile organisation structure consisting of diverse dynamic teams aligned to each portfolio of offerings area. We aspire to create more value and impact from the HR Consultant role by better enabling the business with making the transformations they need to get Cisco to become a software giant. With our new global portfolio of services, we want to create a consistent experience for the business globally. It also makes the HR Consulting Delivery role & the value we can bring to the business clear & open. Furthermore, it will also allow the business to pull in agile expertise as and when there is a need.
We are looking for highly energized talent, capable of embracing change and committing to be the best – continuously working on a Stronger You. Stronger Team. Stronger Cisco!
What is in it for you
HR Consulting Delivery is a fast moving, agile and dynamic area of HR at Cisco focusing on 7 key offering areas that bring value to our HR community and to our client groups. The HR Consultant role will provide you with the opportunity to learn fast, take on responsibility at a very early stage, play to your strengths and develop them further, work at global level with colleagues from around the world and develop expert knowledge and global best practice with the opportunity to rotate to different portfolio areas every 12-18 months to broaden your expertise. You will be exposed to varied client groups and business leaders across functions and geographies and have many opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from across our broad HR ecosystem. You will be making ‘agile’ a reality by engaging in a faster, innovative and scalable Go-To-Market solutions. You will be supporting Cisco’s transformation and be a bridge to eliminating Country & Functional silos. You will be part of a team that cares deeply about its customers and enjoys having fun. Come prepared to be inspired.
Who You Are
- You are flexible, agile and able to adapt to changing environments; able to think 'out of the box' when unexpected/unplanned events arise;
- You enjoy figuring out how things work and getting them to work better;
- You have an agile mindset – you are customer centric, open, willing to experiment and learn from failures, look for constant improvements, share knowledge;
- You are a team player who effectively communicates and leverages team expertise to reach a common goal; you support other team members;
- You are a fast learner and initiate constant self-learning;
- You are self-motivated- you demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and ensure your work is managed effectively; You are able to work without detailed guidance;
- You take accountability and are proactive in suggesting ideas and approaches;
- You demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and milestones set by the client.
- You speak fluent Japanese and English. (Native level of Japanese language skill is preferred.)
- You are able to work in Tokyo office.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.