Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRemote Considered
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You Will Do
The Cloud and Compute Technology Office is looking for a HyperConverged (HCI) Engineer. Are you a highly motivated development engineer or architect with a background in building HCI on SaaS or similar shared software platforms (PaaS)? Ideal candidates will have a background in HCI (Hyperconverged Infrastructure) with a strong knowledge of containers and cloud technologies. This candidate will possess strong real-world experience building, deploying and operating HCI solutions in and out of the cloud. You will work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Are you a learner? Are you self-motivated and driven by technology? Are you looking to learn, teach and share? We are building out the Cisco HyperFlex (HX) and Cisco Intersight platform capabilities and pushing the boundaries of next generation software solutions.
Who You Will Work With
You will be part of the Cloud & Compute Technology Office team in Cisco, working closely with the leadership team and their direct staff. You will collaborate closely with other engineers, architects and technical leads across the Business Unit, as well as with other cross-functional teams across Cisco, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Operations. This team’s innovations span UCS Compute, Hyperconverged, Cloud Software and Security, Analytics and Orchestration.
Who You Are
- 2+ Experienced with HCI platforms (vSAN, Nutanix, Simplivity, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or cloud deployment technologies
- Programming in Java/Go/Python/Scala/etc.; Development experience in production
- Motivated with Excellent organizational & time management skills
- High attention to detail, does not let things fall between the cracks
- 5+ years with Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or similar
- Prior Cisco Data Center experience preferred
- Know your way around CI/CD platforms/tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff.
- Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork, flexible and approachable
- Comfortable with driving improvements, solving problems and demonstrating leadership
- Exercise excellent judgment within areas of responsibility
- Dedicated and results-oriented with an ability to take direction in a very dynamic environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!