Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in the hardware engineering team of CSPG - Cisco's Blade, Rack server and storage product in UCS Hardware. You will be part of a dedicated team, open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team. We are looking for a motivated engineering technician to contribute to support server and storage products.
Who You’ll Work With
- Individual require experience in troubleshooting and repair microprocessor base boards without any supervision.
- Must have knowledge of X86 Microprocessor, I2c, SPI, DDR3 and DDR4 and PCIe buses.
- Must be able to use all the test equipment high end oscilloscopes and analyzer etc. to perform some DVT measurements.
- Familiar with Cadence Allegro and Concept tools.
- Experience with lab bring up Server and Storage products.
- Support design engineer to build prototype and debug and other activity in the lab.
- Hardware support to Electrical, Power, SI and Mechanical groups.
- System assembly and rework board.
- Should be familiar with Window, Linux and some shell programming.
- Keep track inventory, allocate system to other groups, keep up all the revision and necessary reworks.
- Help shipping/receiving systems
Who You Are
- You have experience with different versions of window and Linux OS install and configuration.
- 1+ year working with UCS computing hardware products and UCSM software installation.
- Experience with using lab equipment like Scope, Analyzer and other test equipment in hardware lab.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.